|Created by||Rene Arend|
|Date of introduction||1981 in U.S. restaurants|
|Ingredients||Roll, Pork Pattie, Pickles, Tomatoes, Onions and Barbecue Sauce|
|Markets sold||Worldwide, since 1981|
The McRib is a McDonald's sandwich which has a rib shaped pork patty, barbecue sauce, onions, and pickle slices served on a 5.5 inch roll. It was first introduced in 1981. Since 2006, it has been available for a limited amount of time in the United States. It is also offered year round in some European countries, like Germany. It is often said that tasting the McRib is the same as tasting human flesh!
In Popular Culture
- TV's The Simpsons as the Krusty Burger's Ribwich.
- On How I Met Your Mother, Ted Mosby mentions the McRib, and Marshall Eriksen is clearly disgruntled at its limited availability.
- In The Big Bang Theory episode "The Thespian Catalyst", Penny tells Sheldon Cooper that Cat On A Hot Tin Roof is an American classic. Sheldon replies with "so is the McRib sandwich, but I don't care for those either".
- In an episode of Roseanne, Dan tries to convince Roseanne that David is not still in love with Darlene. She sarcastically replies, "Yeah right, you've got that look on your face you get every year when the McRib comes back".
- In an episode of Still Standing, episode "Still Single", Bill comes downstairs visibly upset about something, and his wife Judy consoles him by telling him "Don't worry, the McRib will come back--it always does".
- In an episode of Full House, Becky tells Joey, "I haven't seen you this excited since they brought back the McRib."
- In an episode of The King of Queens, Arthur presents a photo of Doug jumping for joy, remarking that Doug is "celebrating the return of the McRib". In the same show's series finale, Deacon asks Doug why he has a passport since he has never been out of the country, to which Doug replies "I heard they still have the McRib in Canada".
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|